Monday, March 9, 2009

Unbelievable Return!

Last week was our vacation, you can imagine how I expected today to go, especially given the time change this weekend. Incredibly, Drew was up and at em' at 7:30a.m. He ate breakfast and was ready to go by 8:30. For the first time in what seems like ages, he was able to piddlefart before we started, without having me blow a gasket!

The day was smooth as silk. I mixed up our schedule, trying to space out our language classes and get Science and History covered with a little more interest, and a little less 'are we done yet.' It worked. We covered everything, we gave it all justice and we were done by lunch!

New things we're trying:
Spelling Workout (C/3) - so much easier than doing it myself. What a relief!
Writing With Ease - well, we used it the week before last, but this was the first time I had to come up with stuff ;) It went well, Andrew seemed to enjoy the excert from "The Trumpet of the Swan."
Math - I checked out two library books, one on multiplication and the other full of math riddles. Since we're done with our 2nd grade stuff and I can't afford Saxon 3 yet, this seemed like a fun alternative. We went halfway through the multiplication book this morning, it was much more enjoyable than reciting our times tables :)
Reading - We are completely revising our Language Folder. I was not following the recommendations for the Reading section, this morning, we made a few pages for books Andrew read and I wrote out and dated all of the poems he had memorized (five!).
Handwriting - Since we've conquered cursive, I haven't been sure what to do for handwriting. We're trying out the Memoria Press Copybook I bought in December. Dry much? But at least I got to be lazy ;)

That's it in a nutshell. I'm just so glad our return was so smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment